Sunday 8 July 2007

From us...

"So we have done it! It was hard but not as hard as I believed it would be at times. We didn't suffer from sun burn as I thought we inevitably would, probably because I insisted we stopped every hour to cream up with factor 60! I didn't swallow nearly as many bugs as i thought I would (you swallow less bugs the further south you travel). We took far less days off than we initially planned, and I rediscovered the extent of my determination I sometimes forget I have. I've definitely decided that I do really enjoy cycling up mountains, strangely addictive, and will definitely be doing more in future years, there are many mountains out there. In all truthfullness i didn't really know spain was so incredibly mountainous and perhaps if someone had pointed this out to me a year ago I may not be here right now...so ignorance can sometimes be a very good thing. I'm really lucky to have done such an amazing journey, and to be able to have such an amazing time you need to be in the company of someone you can really rely on" Claire.


"I reckon we're very lucky to be able to do a trip like this - cycling somewhere is a lot more expensive than flying these days, and the support of our families has been essential. I most want to thank my wonderful girlfriend, because I couldn't do a journey like this on my own. She made sure we got going at a decent time in the mornings (even when I was really slow, difficult and in a daze). She also made sure I didn't eat too many biscuits. I will really miss my bicycle these next couple of months but we have so much to look forward to!" Matt


So anyway, thanks to all our sponsors for supporting us, bring safe water to many people in the developing world, and changing our world for the better.

No comments: